SC1 Melee Map Contest - My Diary - Day 05

I'm done with the general texturing of the map. So it's nearly complete.

4 o'clock Natural
I may have overdone it with the decals this time, as they seem to distract too much (Blizzard maps are usually poor on doodads and have simpler texturing for gameplay purposes) but I left them in in hopes of getting some feedback.


Southern Island
Another island that was previsously unconnected to the main land. I created a connection because I think two islands were enough. I wanted more of a 'normal' map.

I still got a couple of things on my to-do list before I can release it. I will (and already have) added a Foliage, play around with all sorts of doodads I think fit to the theme, add critters, improve water and fog, add effects, check the pathing (so nobody can get where he ain't supposed to) and remove doodads which the player wouldn't see any way, for performance reasons.

The map, despite being in beta now, is also getting some gameplay updates, by adding a couple of LOS Blockers and so on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Affiliation

Kinguin Overwatch - 300x250