Status of SotX Chapters 1 and 2

SotX01 is finished and polished but is being held back until some private issues are resolved. It might also not get released until all 7 chapters are complete. At the moment it is unclear as to when that will be.
I've started working on some early design ideas for Chapter 2 but I've already hit a road block. I'm still a newbie with the Data Editor so I'll spend the next weeks digging through tutorials until I'm able to create the Data I need for Chapter 2.
I remember back in WC3 I didn't bother much with its equivalent of the Data Editor. Most cool spells back then were made in WC3's script language JASS which was way too complex for me. Now, the SC2 Data Editor may be complex as well, but it feels like it is something better connected to the stuff happening in the SC2 Editor. Mastering the Data Editor will allow me to create spells, abilities, units, etc. that will fit my needs better than creations of outside sources.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Affiliation

Kinguin Overwatch - 300x250