Afterthoughts on Diablo 3

I don't think anyone's expecting me to write aa full-blown review on the remaining chapters of Diablo 3. Not after so much time anyway. Instead I'm going to summarize my feelings and write down some of the pros and cons about this game.

I've played Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 for many hours. While a fan, I do not consider myself a Diablo fanatic. I spent much more time in the other game worlds of Blizzard, so I'm more the casual Diablo-player. I've played about 50 hours of Diablo 3. I killed Diablo with 2 different classes and got another one (hardcore mode. Has't died yet.) to Chapter 2. It's a very good game but somehow I feel that the Blizzard quality I was used to when I was younger has been declining since StarCraft 2, and is continuing to do so with Diablo 3. Again, Diablo 3 is a good game, but I don't feel like I should play this game over and over again. Let me explain with a pros and cons list.

Pros:
+ smooth combat
+ fun skills
+ diverse classes
+ heroes speak
+ cinematics and videos of all kind
+ storytelling (books, videos, dialogues)
+ events
+ achievements

Cons:
- graphics (mod helps)
- atmosphere (gory yes, but no real horror)
- story mostly predictable
- characters remain onedimensional (Diablo was dissapointing)
- exterior levels aren't random enough
- Error 37
- Battle.net makes you feel lonely
- 4 players only
- no PVP

Neutral:
. music
. sound

These are the things that I can recall off the top of my head. As you can see, the list of cons is slightly bigger than the list of pros and I don't even mention the auction house, the loot-system or the skill system that seem to bother more ambitious players.

A couple of weeks ago I uninstalled the game so I would concentrate more on private matters. The worst thing about it is: I really want to give the game more time to grow on me but when I try to reinstall it, it's not responding. I can't reinstall the game. I'm being left with a bad taste in my mouth.

1 comment:

  1. You can try and download the client straight from the battle.net website.

    ReplyDelete

Affiliation

Kinguin Overwatch - 300x250